Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's complicated.

Frankly, I've always been an intrepid patron of Friendster.
Entering the home page, the first thing that catches my eyes is "Updated Profile".
Coz' you never know, people getting attached, detached, engaged or estranged. You get an update of your lives, even those you barely know of.
Something that will always make me wonder, what does "It's complicated" means? If you are single, you put "Single". If you are romantically linked to someone, you click " In a relationship". If you are close to getting a girlfriend/boyfriend, you still have to put "Single" no matter what. That's the rule. Same goes for couples who are having a cold war, you are still in a relationship.
So how complicated can someone's life get?? Especially when most of your friends are mere conservative JC graduates, who go on to lead normal predictable lives.
To me, you know what kind of people qualify to label themselves complicated? I'll tell you.
W's rule: Your life is considered complicated if you fall into these categories.
1. You are more than one girlfriends/boyfriends. ( Coz' there's no "In more than one relationships")
2. You are both married and in a relationship at the same time. ( eg. Heath Ledger's role in Brokeback Mountain)
3. Your domestic partner is not the one you married.
4. Others ( will be examined to my judgement)
To make things clear, friendster should have more options for us to choose from. Friends can get to know your current life without being confused at all. On the other hand, users should not mislead others with the incorrect descriptions.
Lately, I've also found out that some of my friends are already "Married", and I wonder why am I not invited to any of their wedding dinners.
-doubleU

1 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

lol, this is funny. "It's complicated" Haha, it has always been a pet peeve of mine.

2:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home